Thursday, February 26, 2009

Post #1

My WLE mentor is Brian the technical coordinator at Metropolitan Arts & Technology High School(my school). The school is located at 400 Mansell Street. My WLE consists of making a documentary on the WLE experience. I will be traveling around to different WLEs and interviewing the students partaking in their WLE, their mentors, and any other person who has an opinion on the subject.

I got my WLE rather by chance. I had been looking for a WLE in Sound Design/Recording/Studios. I wanted to learn how to master my own tracks and hopefully record my own material using the skills I learned, but every place I contacted either didn't respond or wanted nothing to do with me. Most of them were looking for high school graduates who were working on degrees within the sound industry. I thought this was understandable, but I didn't give up...until the week before the WLE was supposed to start. I was tlaking about my predicament with my friends and actually lucked out. Angelica was looking fro someone to document her experience within her WLE. This gave me the idea to do the documentary and I'd be helping a friend out. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment